Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Spotlight on... The Tiny Fig


Todays featured artist makes jewelry, journals and tee-shirts that will make you smile, giggle and are sure to brighten your day! Cute, funny, colorful and inspired are just a few words to describe the work of Connie from The Tiny Fig.
Lions and monsters and toast, oh my! =D








The rainy cloud necklace is my favorite! Made from hand-crafted clay sealed in resin.


Lets hear from the brilliant designer herself:

Give us a short bio:
My name is Connie, I'm a self taught designer from Vancouver, BC. I sell online and do craft shows full time. Aside from that, I enjoy cooking and baking and all things cute. I love my gadgets. You'll usually find me attached to my phone, ipad or laptop. When I'm not illustrating or making products, I spend most of my days working on prototypes for my new collection called Sweet Figments.

What inspired you to start your business?
It started off as a hobby and just grew into something I loved to do so I stuck with it.


What inspires your creative process?
I live in a beautiful city with delicious food and wonderful things to do. Just the process of living life every day and people I meet inspires me.



What is your favorite thing you’ve made and why?
I'm not sure I could pick one favorite thing haha. I do love the response I get from these earrings though www.etsy.com/listing/62537707/french-toast-earrings-sterling-silver people just can't seem to get enough of them.
They giggle and laugh and crack up when they see them. It puts a huge smile on my face.

(It’s “french” toast! Get it, lol! Makes me happy!)

What advice do you have for other people who want to start or grow their Etsy shop?
There's no such thing as perfect. Keep working.

Thank you so much Connie for agreeing to share with us. I encourage all of you to visit The Tiny Fig on Etsy and I dare you not to find something to make your day or the day of a friend! Her products would make a fantastic gift for anyone young at heart!


Thanks for visiting my blog! Please visit all of these fabulous artisans and support people who desire to live their dreams!



No comments:

Post a Comment